First time blogger?? Not a good experience

So, yesterday, I felt inspired to start a blog when my creativity started to flow after making a delicious recipe.  I needed to share this recipe with my family and friends, and so Shazlovescooking.blogspot.com came into being.

I was so excited to carry on with the blog today and my fingers were itching to get started.  As the kids were down for their nap time, I raced to the pc and logged into blogger and ....  "the blog you requested does not exist, but shazlovescooking is available for registration."  WHAT??  I was so proud of my first post and this is what I get?

I start googling, and reading help forums.  And it seems like the system was down and anything posted after the 11th of May was lost somewhere in cyberspace!  

I could not believe it!  Every 5 minutes I refreshed the page and the same blank page came up.  I'm sure I felt much like the IT geeks when the blue screen of death makes it appearance.  What's worse is that the support was atrocious.  One mangy little message saying that they are down and stating the reason and not much else, like when it will be back, will I have my posts back, etc, etc. 

Nevertheless, my heart starts beating again as I try one more time after supper.  Wow, I can see my start page when I have logged in!  But no post!!  And it keeps on telling me that shazlovescooking is available if I want to register that blog!!  So, here I am registering shazlovescooking once again, before anyone else can do it.  Even if they retrieve my old post, it's too late now.  

Good news though!  I typed my original post in gmail as I was starting it out as an email and guess what??  It saved a draft.  So, will soon repost my lost in space post!

By the by, today was a bit chilly and Jethro and myself decided to make a fire in our fireplace.  My first fire in our fireplace, all by myself (Jethro did help carry the logs).  So proud :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mmmmmm.... Mmmmmelkkos!

The BIG haircut

Any 5 year olds in the house? Please stand up!