Home-made Pizza

 Yesterday I was feeling a bit under the weather and I battled to find the intellectual intelligence to entertain my 4 year old and 1 year old!  And then there is still supper to think of!  Well, it's Friday, which usually means movie night in our house.  Jethro suggested we get some pizzas for supper and I thought it sounded like a super idea.  But then my brain started spinning and I was going through ideas to keep them busy for the afternoon without too much brain power.

The brilliant idea of homemade pizzas made it's arrival in my head!  Food and entertainment in one, and what's more you can make it a bit healthier than take-away pizza.

So, off we went to the shop.  We order a kilogram of bread dough from Pick 'n Pay's bakery.  We decided on ham, pineapple, mushrooms, as toppings.  Obviously we did not forget the tomato puree for the base and two cheeses for the top.

I put Micah in his little chair at the kitchen counter and Jethro standing on his chair at the counter.  Jethro helped me chop the mushrooms and the ham (with his little blunt kiddies knife).  I then gave each of them a piece of dough and Jethro had a fun time using the rolling pin to create his own round little pizza.  Micah had fun eating it and feeding it to Dixie, our furry friend.

And while we were chopping, grating, spreading, arranging an hour whizzed by.  Before we knew it, our pizzas were in the oven - Regina and Hawaian.  Jethro made Hawaian for himself and Micah.  Tony and myself had half a Regina and half a Hawaian baked on a rectangular oven tray.

I must say the toppings did lack a bit of originality but when it comes to feeding my kids, I have to keep it quite simple.  But watch this space, last night I could not stop thinking about a new pizza I would like to invent :)  I can't wait to try it - maybe next week?

Also, the bread dough did not do much to impress me.  Next time I will try to make my own pizza dough.  Gonna be good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mmmmmm.... Mmmmmelkkos!

The BIG haircut

Any 5 year olds in the house? Please stand up!