Me Day on April fools, and No, it's not a joke :)

I had a day to myself which does not happen often enough! 


Daddy and the boys went on a long awaited fishing trip and mommy was not expected to go with :-) They slept over at Grandie's house. Soooo had the whole house to myself when I arrived back at 8 that evening.

A nice chick flick was in order, along with some delectable chocs - who can blame me, it was Easter weekend and Micah's 3rd birthday...


The movie chosen for the momentous occasion was What to Expect When You're Expecting.  It is an endearing, funny story of couples getting ready for life with a baby. It was nice being eight months preggies and having some empathy with all the other pregnant girls.  This is a cute and funny movie, with some real feeling behind it.  By the way, if you are in the Blouberg area, there is a movie rental shop at the big Parklands Spar, with quite a good contract deal - R180 for 20 movies.

After a relatively peaceful sleep (I usually don't sleep well at all when Tony is not around), I decided to go hunting for a nappy bag.  I started with a trip to Eden on the Bay. The little shop I had in mind, did not have any nappy bags however. I carried on walking and ended up buying all my make-up from Clicks. The assistant there was so helpful and friendly.  Something to tick off the to-do list.  It seems that I always go a bit make-up crazy just before I have a baby.   I think I'm scared of being in lock-down without make-up...  hehehe :D

Next stop was Seaside Village in Big Bay.  I had noticed an interesting little shop there next to Spur and wanted to investigate to see if they sold any unusual bags that could work as a nappy bag.  They had lots of interesting things but no nappy bag :(  On my way out I noticed this amazing special:  R180 for a haircut, colour, treatment and blowdry.  So, my trip was worthwhile after all.  Got to make a point of going before baby comes!  Zara Hair & Beauty - 021 554 0364

Onwards!  I decided to go have another look at some bags I saw in Table View Shopping Centre.  I've seen these type of bags in quite a lot of little gift type shops.  They look pretty cool and what makes them even cooler, is that they are kind of plasticky in a non kitchy way.  This is soooo practical for a mommy with three little boys.  After spending quite some time in choosing a design, I was happy and made my purchase.  Phew, one more thing to cross off the to-do-list before the new little person arrives :)



Now it was time for some real relaxing!  I walked over to Books Galore and was in luck to find a second hand Maeve Binchy book.  One of my favourite authors!  The book is called This Year It Will Be Different - a collection of short stories.  Sad to say that I just heard that Maeve passed away last year :(  



Then off to the coffee shoppe a couple of doors down.  I am not a fan of coffee shoppe's in malls and shopping centres, but I've had my eye on this one since it opened it's doors a couple of months ago.  It screams character and so it was decided.  It even has a beautiful name.

Here follows a little review about the place.  Something I wrote whilst I sat there.  

Cafe Cocoa Vanilla
Coffee Shoppe
Table View Shopping Centre
Table View


"Warm cozy atmosphere on a cold rainy day. Nice big coffee in a mug and I mean big. Had the scones. This was massive too but lacked taste and had a fake sweaty microwave heat to it. I do not recommend. Service was happy and friendly but a bit scatter brained . Asked for some more butter and a minute later got some more jam. Oh and scone was served with sunshine d margarine and peach jam! No cheese and too little cream! Butter and strawberry jam please! Is that not a cardinal rule of scones . They have a nice play area for kids 3 and under."




















I was sitting there, enjoying my book when my darling hubbie called to say they were home. My Me day had ended and it was a lovely one indeed :-)  Nice to be back with my beautiful family.  Blessed xxxx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mmmmmm.... Mmmmmelkkos!

The BIG haircut

Any 5 year olds in the house? Please stand up!