Those bad kitchen days...

So, we all have our bad days in the kitchen or is it only me who have these moments of madness, when afterwards you tell yourself:  But I knew that!!

I will share one of these moments with you.  Not because I have to, but to show you my I-am-only-human side :)  Hope you enjoy it! 

PS  I wrote this a while back.

24 Feb 2011

Wow, what a day!  Micah very niggly, could hardly do anything without him tied to my hip!  Supper was busy cooking and as I was multi-tasking, I pulled a pot of gem squash off a hot plate, with Micah in my other arm.  I lifted the lid to check on the gem squash and as I lifted the lid...  KEBANG!!!

Gem squash explosion!!

My first thoughts were of Micah!  Covering him from any airborne gem squash.  I always wondered what I would do in a situation where both my child and I could get hurt.  I always feared that in the moment I would protect myself and forget about my child!!  So, I was quite happy to learn that I am indeed a mother hen :)

After the big explosion, inspection was in order.  Micah did not have a scratch on him!  Praise God!  I was not so lucky.  Gem squash shrapnel connected on my face and left arm.  Do not try this at home ;)  It intends to burn. 

At least it wasn't too bad and after some Sudocreme, I was A for away.

Now, a day later, I am a happy camper on my way to a little seaside village for a much needed break with my beautiful family.  Laughing about a near death-by-gem squash experience :)

Watch out for those gremlins!


Comments

"Airborne gem squash" tell me about it..my kitchen looks like a war zone when i cook! haha.
Shaz said…
Thanks for the comment Jess! Good luck with the cooking :)

Popular posts from this blog

Mmmmmm.... Mmmmmelkkos!

The BIG haircut

Any 5 year olds in the house? Please stand up!